The correct order of metallic character of elements B, Al, Mg and K is :
1. B > Al > Mg > K
2. Al > Mg > B > K
3. Mg > Al > K > B
4. K > Mg > Al > B
Considering the elements B, C, N, F, and Si; the correct order of their non-metallic character is :
1. B > C > Si > N > F
2. Si > C > B > N > F
3. F > N > C > B > Si
4. F > N > C > Si > B
The correct order of their chemical reactivity of the elements F, Cl, O and N in terms of oxidizing property is :
1. F > Cl > O > N
2. F > O > Cl > N
3. Cl > F > O > N
4. O > F > N > Cl
The maximum number of elements that can be accommodated in the sixth period are :
The element named after Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory is
B has lesser ionization enthalpy than Be, because -
1. It is easier to remove electrons from p - subshell than completely filled s - subshell.
2. The s-electron can be removed easier than the p electron.
3. Ionisation enthalpy decreases with an increase in atomic number.
4. Ionisation enthalpy increases along the period.
Difference between electron gain enthalphy and electronegativity is described by
1) Valence electrons
2) Atomic size
3) Atomic radii
3) Atomic number
Incorrect statement about metal is -
1. Metals can donate electrons.
2. Metals form ionic compounds.
3. Metals are more electronegative.
4. Metals have less ionization energy.
The group number that has metal, non-metal, liquid as well as gas at room temperature, is -