Which of the following statements is wrong?
1. The uncertainty principle is
2. Half-filled and fully filled orbitals have greater stability due to greater exchange energy,
greater symmetry, and a more balanced arrangement.
3. The energy of the 2s orbital is less than the energy of the 2p orbital in the case of hydrogen-like atoms.
4. De-Broglie's wavelength is given by , where m= mass of the particle, v = group velocity of the particle.
A pair of d-orbitals having electron density along the axes is
The incorrect statement among the following is
1. Total orbital angular momentum of an electron in 's' orbital is equal to zero.
2. An orbital is designated by three quantum numbers, while an electron in an atom is designated by four quantum numbers.
3. The electronic configuration of N atom is
4. The value of m for dz2 is zero.
Which is the correct order of increasing energy of the listed orbital’s in the atom of titanium?
1. 3s 4s 3p 3d
2. 4s 3s 3p 3d
3. 3s 3p 3d 4s
4. 3s 3p 4s 3d
What is the maximum number of orbitals that can be identified with the following quantum numbers?
n = 3, l = 1, m = 0
Calculate the energy in corresponding to light of wavelength 45 nm :
(Planck's constant h = 6.63 × 10–34 Js: speed of light c = 3 × 108 ms–1)
1. 6.67 x 1015 J
2. 6.67 x 1011 J
3. 4.42 x 10-15 J
4. 4.42 x 10-18 J
Based on equation E = –2.178 × 10–18J, certain conclusions are written. Which of them is not correct ?
1. Larger the value of n, larger is the orbit radius.
2. Equation can be used to calculate the change in energy when the electron changes orbit.
3. For n = 1, the electron has a more negative energy than it does for n = 6 which means that the electron is more loosely bound in the smallest allowed orbit.
4. The negative sign in equation simply means that the energy of electron bound to the nucleus is lower than what it would be if the electrons were at an infinite distance from the nucleus.