The number of angular nodes for 4d orbital is -
Which of the following is responsible to rule out the existence of definite paths or trajectories of electrons?
1. Pauli's exclusion principle
2. Heisenberg's uncertainty principle
3. Hund's rule of maximum multiplicity
4. Aufbau principle
Total number of orbitals associated with third shell will be _____.
Orbital angular momentum depends on _______.
2. n and l
3. n and
Chlorine exists in two isotopic forms, Cl-37 and Cl-35, but its atomic mass is 35.5. This indicates the ratio of Cl-37 and Cl-35 is approximately :
The pair of ions having the same electronic configuration is -
1. Cr3+, Fe3+
2. Fe3+, Mn2+
3. Fe3+, Co3+
4. Sc3+, Cr3+
For the electrons of an oxygen atom. The correct statement among the following is-
1. Zeff for an electron in a 2s orbital is the same as Zeff for an electron in a 2p orbital.
2. An electron in the 2s orbital has the same energy as an electron in the 2p orbital.
3. Zeff for an electron in 1s orbital is the same as Zeff for an electron in a 2s orbital
4. The two electrons present in the 2s orbital have same spin quantum numbers ms but of opposite sign
If travelling at same speeds, which of the following matter waves have the shortest wavelength?
2. Alpha particle (He2+)
Match the following species with their corresponding ground state electronic configuration.
Match the quantum numbers with the information provided by them:
|Quantum number||Information provided|
|A. Principal quantum number||1. Orientation of the orbital|
|B. Azimuthal quantum number||2. Energy and size of orbital|
|C. Magnetic quantum number||3. Spin of electron|
|D. Spin quantum number||4. Shape of the orbital|