Which of the following statements is wrong?
1. The uncertainty principle is
2. Half-filled and fully filled orbitals have greater stability due to greater exchange energy,
greater symmetry, and a more balanced arrangement.
3. The energy of the 2s orbital is less than the energy of the 2p orbital in the case of hydrogen-like atoms.
4. De-Broglie's wavelength is given by , where m= mass of the particle, v = group velocity of the particle.
A pair of d-orbitals having electron density along the axes is
The incorrect statement among the following is
1. Total orbital angular momentum of an electron in 's' orbital is equal to zero.
2. An orbital is designated by three quantum numbers, while an electron in an atom is designated by four quantum numbers.
3. The electronic configuration of N atom is
4. The value of m for dz2 is zero.
How many electrons can fit in the subshell for which n = 3 and l = 1?
The element Z = 114 has been discovered recently.
It will belong to which of the following family/group and electronic configuration.
The electronic configurations of Eu (Atomic no. 63), Gd (Atomic no. 64) and Tb (Tb Atomic no. 65) are
1. [Xe]4f65d16s2, [Xe]4f75d16s2 and [Xe]4f96s2
2. [Xe]4f65d16s2, [Xe]4f75d16s2 and [Xe]4f85d16s2
3. [Xe]4f76s2, [Xe]4f75d16s2 and [Xe]4f96s2
4. [Xe]4f76s2, [Xe]4f86s2 and [Xe]4f85d16s2
Two electrons occupying the same orbital are distinguished by
(1) Magnetic quantum number
(2) Azimuthal quantum number
(3) Spin quantum number
(4) Principal quantum number
Which of the following pairs of d-orbitals will have electron density along the axes?
The number of electrons that can be fit into the orbital for which n = 3 and l = 1, is