Which one of the following hormones is not involved in sugar metabolism?
Which one of the following hormones though synthesised elsewhere, is stored and released by the master gland ?
(1) Melanocyte stimulating hormone
(2) Antidiuretic hormone
(3) Luteinizing hormone
Identify the hormone with its correct matching of source and function:
1. Oxytocin- posterior pituitary, growth and maintenance of mammary glands.
2. Melatonin- pineal gland, regulates the normal rhythm of sleepwake cycle.
3. Progesterone- corpus-luteum, stimulation of growth and activities of female secondary sex organs.
4. atrial natriuretic factor- ventricular wall increases the blood pressure.
Fight - or - flight reaction cause activation of
1. the parathyroid glands, leading to increased metabolic rate.
2. the kidney, leading to suppression of rennin angiotensin-aldosterone pathway.
3. the adrenal medulla, leading to increased secretion of epinephrine and norepinephrene
4. the pancreas leading to a reduction in the blood sugar levels.
Select the answer which correctly matches the endocrine gland with the hormone it secrets and its function/deficiency symptom:
|Endocrine gland||Hormone||Function/deficiency symptom|
|(1)||Posterior Pituitary||Growth Hormone (GH)||Oversecretion stimulates abnormal growth|
|(2)||Thyroid gland||Thyroxine||Lack of iodine in diet results in goitre|
|(3)||Corpus luteum||Testosterone||Stimulates spermatogenesis|
|(4)||Anterior pituitary||oxytocin||Stimulates uterus contraction during child birth|
Which one of the following pairs of hormones are the examples of those that can easily pass through the cell membrane of the target cell and bind to a receptor inside it (mostly in the nucleus)?
1. Insulin and glucagon
2. Thyroxin and insulin
3. Somatosatin and oxytocin
4. Cortisol and testosterone
What is correct to say about the hormone action in humans?
1. Glucagon is secreted by -cells of islet of Langerhans and stimulates glycogenolysis
2. Secretion of thymosine is stimulates with ageing
3. In females, FSH first binds with specific receptors on overian cell membrane
4. FSH stimulates the sevretion of oestrogen and progesterone