Incorrect match among the following is:
|Column I||Column II|
|a. K3[Fe(C2O4)3]||i. Diamminechlorido(methylamine)platinum(II) chloride|
|b. [Co(NH3)5Cl]Cl2||ii. Potassium trioxalatoferrate(III)|
|c. [Pt(NH3)2Cl(NH2CH3)]Cl||iii. Potassium tetrachloridopalladate(II)|
|d. K2[PdCl4]||iv. Pentaamminechloridocobalt(III) chloride|
1. a-iv; b-iii; c-ii; d-i
2. a-iv; b-i; c-ii; d-iii
3. a-iii; b-i; c-iv; d-ii
4. a-ii; b-iv; c-i; d-iii
The type(s) of isomerism exhibited by the K[Cr(H2O)2(C2O4)2] complexes is-
1. Geometrical isomerism
2. Optical isomerism
3. Linkage isomerism
4. Both 1 and 2
2. Statement I is true and statement II is false.
3. Both Statement I and II are false.
4. Statement I is false, Statement II is true.
Assertion(A): [NiCl4]2− is paramagnetic while [Ni(CO)4] is diamagnetic though both are tetrahedral.
Reason(R): CO is a strong field ligand, thus pairing of electrons takes place in [Ni(CO)4].
1. Both assertion and reason are true, and reason is the correct explanation of the assertion.
2. Both assertion and reason are true, but reason is not the correct explanation of the assertion.
3. Assertion is true but reason is false.
4. Assertion is false but reason is true.
|I:||[Fe(H2O)6]3+ is strongly paramagnetic whereas [Fe(CN)6]3− is weakly paramagnetic.|
|II:||[Fe(H2O)6]3+ has 4 unpaired electrons while [Fe(CN)6]3− has 5 unpaired electrons.|
1. Both I and II are true.
2. I is true and II is false.
3. Both I and II are false.
4. I is false but II is true.
The correct statement among the following is-
1. [Co(NH3)6]3+ and [Ni(NH3)6]2+, both are inner orbital complexes.
2. [Co(NH3)6]3+ and [Ni(NH3)6]2+ both are outer orbital complexes.
3. [Co(NH3)6]3+ is an inner orbital complex whereas [Ni(NH3)6]2+ is an outer orbital complex.
4. [Co(NH3)6]3+ is an outer orbital complex whereas [Ni(NH3)6]2+ is an inner orbital complex.