Which of the following statements is not correct?
1. Ovalbumin is a simple food reserve in egg white
2. Blood proteins thrombin and fibrinogen are involved in blood clotting
3. Denaturation makes the proteins more active.
4. Insulin maintains sugar level in the blood of a human body.
The correct corresponding order of names of four aldoses with configuration given below respectively, is
1. L-erythrose, L-threose, L-erythrose, D-threose
2. D-threose, D-erythrose, L-threose, L-erythrose
3. L-erythrose, L-threose, D-erythrose, D-threose
4. D-erythrose, D-threose, L-erythrose, L-threose
The central dogma of molecular genetics states that the genetic information flows from
1. amino acid - proteins - DNA
2. DNA - carbohydrates - proteins
3. DNA - RNA - proteins
4. DNA - RNA - Carbohydrates
The difference between amylose and amylopectin is :
|1.||Amylopectin has 1→4 α - linkage and 1→6 α-linkage.|
|2.||Amylose has 1→4 α-linkage and 1 → 6 β-linkage.|
|3.||Amylopectin has 1 → 4 α-linkage and 1 → 6 β-linkage.|
|4.||Amylose is made up of glucose and galactose.|
In humans, the main oxygen carrier in the blood is -
4. Both microorganisms and haemoglobin.
Which one of the following compounds show the presence of intramolecular hydrogen bond?
4. Concentrated acetic acid