Solubility of alkaline earth metal sulphates in water decreases in the sequence-
1. Mg > Ca > Sr >Ba
2. Ca > Sr > Ba > Mg
3. Sr > Ca > Mg > Ba
4. Ba > Mg > Sr > Ca
Which one of the following alkali metals forms only the normal oxide M2O on heating in air?
An active ingredient in bleaching powder that aids in the bleaching action is -
A compound that has higher hydration enthalpy than the lattice enthalpy is :
Among the given options, what is the property of the alkaline earth metals that increases with their atomic number?
1. Solubility of their hydroxides in water
2. Solubility of their sulphates in water
3. Ionization energy
Which one of the following compounds is a peroxide?
In the case of alkali metals, the covalent character decreases in the order
1. CsH > RbH > KH > NaH > LiH
2. KH > NaH > LiH > CsH > RbH
3. NaH > LiH > KH > RbH > CsH
4. LiH > NaH > KH > RbH > CsH
The correct order of increasing thermal stability of K2CO3, MgCO3, CaCO3 and BeCO3 is: