Among the following alkaline earth metal halides, the one which is covalent and soluble in organic solvents is:
1. Magnesium chloride
2. Beryllium chloride
3. Calcium chloride
4. Strontium chloride
The structures of beryllium chloride in solid-state, and vapour state are :
1. Dimer, and Linear, respectively.
2. Chain in both.
3. Chain, and dimer, respectively.
4. Linear in both.
HCl was passed through a solution of CaCl2, MgCl2, and NaCl. Compound(s) that get crystallize is/are-
1. Only NaCl
2. Only MgCl2
3. NaCl, MgCl2, and CaCl2
4. Both MgCl2 and CaCl2
Identify the correct statement from the following.
1. The correct order of hydration enthalpies of alkaline earth cations is
Be2+ < Mg2+ < Ca2+ < Sr2+ < Ba2+
2. Lithium and Magnesium show some similarities in their physical properties as they are diagonally placed in the periodic table.
3. Lithium is softer among all alkali metals.
4. Lithium chloride is deliquescent and crystallizes as a hydrate, LiCl·6H2O.
Among the role of gypsum, CaSO4.2H2O in the setting of cement, identify the correct option from the following:
1. It fastens the setting process
2. It provides water molecules for the hydration process
3. It help to remove water molecules
4. It slows down the setting process
Which of the following is an amphoteric hydroxide?
Crude sodium chloride obtained by crystallization of brine solution does not contain-
Which of the alkali metal chloride (MCl) forms its dehydrate salt (MCl.) easily?
|(a)||Li||(i)||absorbent for carbon dioxide|
|(c)||KOH||(iii)||coolant in fast breeder reactors|
LiF is sparingly soluble in water because it has
1. partial covalent character.
2. small electronegativity.
3. high lattice enthalpy.
4. low hydration enthalpy.