Assertion(A): Magnesium metal is not used for the reduction of alumina in the metallurgy of aluminum
Reason(R): Magnesium can reduce alumina. But the process will be uneconomical.
1. Both assertion and reason are true, and reason is the correct explanation of the assertion.
2. Both assertion and reason are true, but reason is not the correct explanation of the assertion.
3. Assertion is true but reason is false.
4. Assertion is false but reason is true.
The reduction of a metal oxide is easier if the metal formed is in a liquid state at the temperature of reduction because-
1. Entropy is higher if the metal is in a liquid state than when it is in solid-state
2. Entropy is lower if the metal is in a liquid state than when it is in solid-state
3. Equilibrium constant value is low metal formed in a liquid state
4. None of the above
Among zinc and iron scraps, the scraps more suitable for reducing the leached copper ore.
1. Zinc is more suitable
2. Iron is more suitable
3. Zinc and iron both have equal probability
4. Cannot predict