Which one of the following statement is false in respect of flowering plants?
1. Parthenocarpy can be induced through the application of growth hormones
2. Integuments encircle the ovule except at the tip where a small opening called the germ pore is organized
3. Endosperm development precedes embryo development
4. Apomicts have several advantages in horticulture and agriculture
To form four fully developed Polygonum type of embryosacs in angiosperms total number of meiosis and mitosis divisions generations required are :-
1. 4, 12
2. 1, 3
3. 4, 4
4. 1, 12
Megaspore mother cell differentiates from
1. Nucellus in the micropylar region.
2. Nucellus in the chalazal region.
3. Primary parietal cell in chalazal region.
4. Integument cell in micropylar region.
A plant breeder employ technique of emasculation
1. To cover the flower with a bag
2. To prevent self-pollination
3. To prevent stamen from being contaminated
4. To produce female plant
1. Fusion of two male gametes of a pollen tube with two different eggs
2. Fusion of one male gamete with two polar nuclei
3. Fusion of two male gametes with one egg
4. Syngamy and triple fusion
Double fertilization is exhibited by: