In some plants a slender lateral branch arises from the base of the main axis and growing aerially for sometime, it archs downwards to touch the ground.
Find the odd one with respect to statement.
(4) All of these
The stem of Pistia and Eichhornia has
(1) Short internode
(2) Rosette of leaves
(3) Tuft of Roots
(4) All of these
Aquatic plants with a lateral branch having short internodes, rosette of leaves and tuft of roots are
(1) Pistia, Hydrilla
(2) Eichhornia, Hydrilla
(3) Pistia and Eichhornia
(4) Hydrilla and Valisnaria
The lateral branches originate from the basal and underground portion of the main stem, grow horizontally beneath the soil and then come out obliquely upward to give rise to leafy shoot?
Which of the following examples are associated with such modifications?
(1) Banana, Mint and Jasmine
(2) Banana, Pineapple, Chrysanthemum
(3) Pineapple, Mint, Citrus
(4) Papaya, Citrus, Banana
Generally leaf is not
3. Developing on node
4. Bearing bud in its axil
(1) Arranged in acropetal manner
(2) Most important reproductive organ in plants
(3) Important for photosynthesis
(4) A typical leaf has three main parts- leaf base, Petiole and lamina
Find the incorrect statement.
(1) Attached to the stem by the leaf base
(2) Always bear two lateral small leaf like structures called stipules
(3) Monocots have small sheath like leaf base which covers the stem wholly
(4) All leguminous plants have swollen leaf base
Which of the following parts of leaf has major role to hold the blade to light?
The fluttering of the leaf blade is facilitated by
(1) Swollen pulvinus
(2) Membranous sheath
(3) Long and thin Petiole
(4) Broad lamina
Veins and veinlets are not present in
(2) Leaf blade
(3) Leaf broader surface
(4) Leaf base