Which of the following is not correct regarding Glycolysis?
(1) The word has originated from Greek word-Glycos
(2) The scheme for glycolysis was given by Gustav Embden, Otto Meyerhof, J Parnas.
(3) It is also called as EMP pathway
(4) In all organisms, it is the only process of Respiration
Find the odd statement w.r.t plant respiration.
(1) Glucose is derived from the end result of photosynthesis i.e. sucrose
(2) Invertase acts on sucrose to release out glucose and fructose
(3) Glucose and sucrose are Phosphorylated in the presence of Hexokinase
(4) The steps of glycolysis from third step onwards, are same for glucose and fructose
If two molecules of sucrose have to be respired, how many molecules of ATP are produced in anerobic oxidation?
If two molecules of sucrose have to be respired, how many molecules of pyruvate are produced in anaerobic oxidation of glucose?
If two molecules of sucrose have to be respired, how many molecules of ATP are net gained in aerobic oxidation of glucose?
During which of the following steps of Glycolysis, Phosphorylation does not occur?
(1) Conversion of Glucose to Glucose-6-P
(2) Conversion of Glucose-6-P to Fructose-6-P
(3) Conversion of Fructose-6-P to Fructose 1,6 bisphoshate
(4) Both A and C
Which of the following is an energy utilizing step in glycolysis?
(1) Conversion of Glucose-6-P to Fructose-6-P
(2) Conversion of 2 Phosphoglycerate to Phosphoenolpyruvate
(3) Conversion of Phosphoenolpyruvate to pyruvate
(4) Conversion Fructose-6-P to Fructose- 1,6 -bisphoshate
The energy utilizing step of glycolysis is..…
(1) 1st and 3rd steps
(2) 3rd step only
(3) Last step only
(4) 1st step only
The splitting of Fructose-1,6 bisphoshate result in
(1) Production of two pyruvates
(2) One PGAL and one Dihydroxy acetone phosphate
(3) Two PGAL
(4) One PGA and one DHAP
The source of phosphorus in conversion of PGAL to BPGA is
(1) Inorganic Phosphate