Following are the statements. Choose the correct ones.
p. Each living cell in plant is located quite close to the surface of the plant.
q. In stem, the living cells are organised in thin layers inside and beneath the bark
r. Stems have openings called lenticel
s. A part of living cell is somehow in contact with outer environment
t. The loose packing of parenchyma cells in leaves, stems and roots provide an interconnected network of air spaces to facilitate the direct availability of gases
The complete combustion of glucose
(1) Most of which is given out in the form of ATP
(2) Most of which is given out in the form of heat
(3) Most of which is given out in the form of NADH
(4) Most of which is given out in the form of FADH2
All the living organisms do have
(4) Oxidative Phosphorylation
Which of the following is not correct regarding Glycolysis?
(1) The word has originated from Greek word-Glycos
(2) The scheme for glycolysis was given by Gustav Embden, Otto Meyerhof, J Parnas.
(3) It is also called as EMP pathway
(4) In all organisms, it is the only process of Respiration
Find the wrong one.
(1) Occurs in cytoplasm
(2) Is present in all living organisms
(3) Partial oxidation of Glucose
(4) 2C pyruvate is formed as a result of Glycolysis
Find the odd one out.
(1) Glucose is dervied from the end result of photosynthesis i.e. sucrose
(2) Invertase acts on sucrose to release out glucose and fructose
(3) Glucose and sucrose are Phosphorylated in the presence of Hexokinase
(4) The steps of glycolysis from third step onwards, are same for glucose and fructose
If two molecules of sucrose have to be respired, how many molecules of ATP are produced in anerobic oxidation?
If two molecules of sucrose have to be respired, how many molecules of pyruvate are produced in anaerobic oxidation of glucose?
If two molecules of sucrose have to be respired, how many molecules of ATP are net gained in aerobic oxidation of glucose?
During Glycolysis which of the following substrate undergo isomerization?
(3) Triose phosphate