In a double slit experiment, the distance between the slits is 3 mm and the slits are 2 m away from the screen one due to light with wavelength 480 nm, and the other due to light with wavelength 600 nm. What is the separation on the screen between the fifth order bright fringes of the two interference patterns ?
Two coherent sources of light can be obtained by:
(1) Two different lamps
(2) Two different lamps but of the same power
(3) Two different lamps of the same power and have the same colour
(4) None of the above
By Huygen's wave theory of light, we cannot explain the phenomenon of:
3. Photoelectric effect
Two coherent monochromatic light beams of intensities I and 4I are superposed. The maximum and minimum possible intensities in the resulting beam are
(1) 5I and I
(2) 5I and 3I
(3) 9I and I
(4) 9I and 3I
If L is the coherence length and c the velocity of light, the coherent time is
For constructive interference to take place between two monochromatic light waves of wavelength λ, the path difference should be
Soap bubble appears coloured due to the phenomenon of:
Which of the following statements indicates that light waves are transverse?
1. Light waves can travel in a vacuum.
2. Light waves show interference.
3. Light waves can be polarized.
4. Light waves can be diffracted.
Interference was observed in interference chamber when the air was present, now the chamber is evacuated and if the same light is used, a careful observer will see
(1) No interference
(2) Interference with bright bands
(3) Interference with dark bands
(4) Interference in which width of the fringe will be slightly increased
Two coherent sources have intensity in the ratio of . Ratio of (intensity) max/(intensity) min is