In human beings, the membrane of erythrocyte has
(1) Approximately 40% proteins and 52% lipids
(2) Cephalin on the outer side and lecithin on the inner side
(3) Approximately 52% proteins and 40% lipids
(4) Lecithin on the outer side and cephalin on the inner side
A number of proteins synthesized by ribosomes on the endoplasmic reticulum are modified in the ______ of the Golgi apparatus before they are released from its trans face
(4) More than one option is correct
How many microtubules are associated with the structure of centriole?
Granular endoplasmic reticulum is associated with which of the following functions?
(1) Synthesis of secretory as well as non-secretory proteins
(2) Synthesis of non-secretory proteins
(3) Synthesis of steroidal hormones
(4) Synthesis of secretory proteins
Which of the following plastids store fats?
In plants, which of the following microbody is involved in photorespiration?
Which of the following cellular organelles is/are bound by a single membrane?
Peroxisomes, lysosomes, mitochondria
(1) Only peroxisomes but not lysosomes and mitochondria
(2) Both peroxisomes and lysosomes but not mitochondria
(3) All of the three organelles
(4) None of the three organelles
Ribosomes attach to ER by its
(1) 50 S subunit
(2) 60 S subunit
(3) 40 S subunit
(4) 30 S subunit
All are membrane bounded cell organelles in a typical plant cell, except
Plasmodesmata connections help in
(1) Cytoplasmic streaming
(2) Mitotic division
(3) Movement of substances between the cells
(4) Osmosis only