Find out the False statement from below ones:
I. Calyx and corolla are reproductive organs of a flower.
II. Zygomorphic flower can be divided into two equal radial halves in any radial plane.
III. Flowers without bracts are termed as bracteate.
IV. Parthenocarpic fruit is formed after fertilization of the ovary.
V. In legumes seed is non-endospermic.
VI. Ovary is inferior in Fabaceae.
VII. A fertile stamen is called staminode.
VIII. Radical buds develop on roots.
(1) I, II, III, IV, VI, VII
(2) I, II, V, VIII
(3) III, IV, VIII
(4) IV, V, VIII
Pentamerous, actinomorphic flowers, bicarpellary ovary with oblique septa and fruit as a capsule or berry are characteristic feature of:
Which of the following is characteristic feature of Fabaceae?
(1) Descending imbricate, ten stamens, diadelphous, ovary inferior
(2) Sepals five, gamosepalous, imbricate aestivation, axile placentation
(3) Monocarpellary, ovary inferior, style long, slightly bent at the apex
(4) Zygomorphic flowers, vexillary aestivation in corolla, monocarpellary, ovary superior, diadelphous, ten stamens, many ovules, placentation marginal
Trimerous flowers, superior ovary axile placentation is characteristic of:
Which of the following represents the floral characters of Liliaceae?
(1) Six tepals, zygomorphic, six stamens, bilocular ovary, axile placentation
(2) Tetramerous, actinomorphic, polyphyllous, unilocular ovary, axile placentation
(3) Trimerous, actinomorphic, polyandrous, superior ovary, axile placentation
(4) Bisexual, zygomorphic, gamophyllous, inferior ovary, marginal placentation
Match the Column-I with Column-II:
Column-I Column II
(Members of Fabaceae) (Economic importance)
A. Gram, sem, moong, soya bean I. Medicine
B. Soyabean, groundnut II. Ornamentals
C. Indigofera III. Fodder
D. Sunhemp IV. Fibres
E. Sesbania, Trifolium V. Dye
F. Lupin, Sweet pea VI. Edible oil
G. Muliathi VII. Pulses
(1) A - I, B - II, C - III, D - IV, E - V, F - VI, G - VII
(2) A - VII, B - VI, C - V, D - IV, E - III, F - II, G - I
(3) A - II, B - IV, C - VI, D - I, E - III, F - V, G - VII
(4) A - I, B - III, C - V, D - VII, E - II, F - IV, G - VI
Which of the following is not the member of Liliaceae:
(1) Tulip, Gloriosa, Aloe
Colchicine is obtained from a member of:
(a) Epigymous and hypogynous flowers
(b) Superior ovary and inferior ovary
(c) Presence and absence of gynoecium
(d) Fused and free gynoecium
⊕ and % indicate:
(1) Zygomorphic and actinomorphic flowers
(2) Actinomorphic and zygomorphic flowers
(3) Hypogynous and epigynous flowers
(4) None of these