The enzyme decarboxylase catalyses the following step
(1) conversion of citric acid to cis aconitic acid
(2) fumaric acid to malic acid
(3) oxalosuccinic acid to o-ketoglutaric acid
(4) malic acid to oxaloacetic acid.
Which of the following is true regarding the given electron transport chain?
After glycolysis, fate of glucose in mitochondrial matrix is
(3) oxidative decarboxylation
Which enyme helps in transfer of phosphate group from ATP to carbohydrate?
Which one is correct sequence occuring in glycolysis?
(1) G-6-P PEP 3-PGAL 3-PGA
(2) G-6-P 3-PGAL 3-PGA PEP
(3) G-6-P PEP 3-PGA 3-PGAL
(4) G-6-P 3-PGA 3-PGAL PEP
In which of the following reactions of glycolysis, a molecule of water is removed from the substrate?
(a) Glucose Glucose-6-phosphate
(b) Fructose-6-phosphate Fructose-1,6 bisphosphate
(c) 2-phosphoglycerate Phosphoenol pyruvate
(d) Phosphoenol pyruvate Pyruvate
Aerobic respiration produces more usable chemical energy than fermentation, because fermentation involves
(1) formation of lactic acid
(2) complete oxidation of food
(3) partial oxidation of food
(4) evolution of CO2 and alcohol
RQ (Respiratory Quotient) is defined as
The colour in the brown fat is due is
(1) its larger capacity for generating heat
(2) large number of mitochondria present
(3) a high concentration of iron containing cytochrome pigments
(4) presence of chromatophores
Cell respiration is carried out by
(4) Golgi bodies