Vernalization is the process of
1. flower induction by high temperature treatment
2. inhabitation of flowering by low temperature treatment
3. flower induction by light treatment
4. acceleration of the ability of a plant to produce flowers by chilling treatment
Parthenocarpy in grapes is induced by:-
Phytochromes play a role in
(1) seed germination
Induction of flowering by low temperature in plants is
Which of the following statements is correct regarding short day plants (SDPs)?
1. They can flower in complete darkness if supplied with exogenous nutrients.
2. They are the same as long day plants.
3. They do not have a critical photoperiod.
4. All of these.
Bud dormancy is induced by:-
4. gibberellic acid.
Pruning of plants promotes branching because the auxillary buds get sensitized to:-
4. indole acetic acid
(1) hormones regulating growth from seed to adulthood
(2) growth regulators synthesised by plants and influencing physiological process
(3) hormones regulating flowering
(4) hormones regulating secondary growth
Refer the given figures on photoperiodism and select the correct option.
Abscisic acid is known as the stress hormone because it
(1) breaks seed dormancy
(2) induces flowering
(3) promotes leaf fall
(4) promotes closure of stomata