Which of the following statements is correct regarding short day plants (SDPs)?
1. They can flower in complete darkness if supplied with exogenous nutrients.
2. They are the same as long day plants.
3. They do not have a critical photoperiod.
4. All of these.
Bud dormancy is induced by:-
4. gibberellic acid.
Pruning of plants promotes branching because the auxillary buds get sensitized to:-
4. indole acetic acid
(1) hormones regulating growth from seed to adulthood
(2) growth regulators synthesised by plants and influencing physiological process
(3) hormones regulating flowering
(4) hormones regulating secondary growth
Refer the given figures on photoperiodism and select the correct option.
Abscisic acid is known as the stress hormone because it
(1) breaks seed dormancy
(2) induces flowering
(3) promotes leaf fall
(4) promotes closure of stomata
Which of the following plant growth regulators (PGRs) promotes root initiation, flowering and
Vernalisation is subjected to plants growing in ?
(2) sub tropical areas
(3) temperate areas
(4) hot region/arctic region
Gibberellins can promote seed germination because of their influence on
(1) rate of cell division
(2) production of hydrolyzing enzymes
(3) synthesis of abscisic acid
(4) absorption of water through hard seed coat
One hormone hastens maturity period in juvenile conifers, a second hormone controls xylem differentiation, while the third hormone increases the tolerance of plants to various stresses.They are respectively:-
(1) Gibberellin, Auxin, Ethylene
(2) Auxin, Gibberellin, Cytokinin
(3) Gibberellin, Auxin, ABA
(4) Auxin, Gibberellin, ABA