Opening of floral buds into flowers, is a type of:-
1. autonomic movement of locomotion
2. autonomic movement of variation
3. paratonic movement of growth
4. autonomic movement of growth
“Foolish seedling" disease of rice led to the discovery of:-
Which one of the following pairs, is not correctly matched?
1. Abscisic acid - Stomatal closure
2. Gibberellic acid - Leaf fall
3. Cytokinin - Cell division
4. IAA - Cell wall elongation
How does pruning help in making the hedge dense:-
1. It induces the differentiation of new shoots from the rootstock
2. It frees axillary buds from apical dominance
3. The apical Shoot grows faster after pruning
4. It releases wound hormones
An enzyme that can stimulate germination of barley seeds is:-
Vernalization is the process of
1. flower induction by high temperature treatment
2. inhabitation of flowering by low temperature treatment
3. flower induction by light treatment
4. acceleration of the ability of a plant to produce flowers by chilling treatment
Parthenocarpy in grapes is induced by:-
Phytochromes play a role in
(1) seed germination
Induction of flowering by low temperature in plants is
Which of the following statements is correct regarding short day plants (SDPs)?
1. They can flower in complete darkness if supplied with exogenous nutrients.
2. They are the same as long day plants.
3. They do not have a critical photoperiod.
4. All of these.