Which one of the following is a case of wrong matching ?
1. Somatic hybridisation - Fusion of two diverse cells
2. Vector DNA - Site for tRNA synthesis
3. Micropropogation - In vitro production of plants in large numbers
4. Callus - Unorganised mass of cells produced in tissue culture
Which one is a true statement regarding DNA polymerase used in PCR?
1. It is used to ligate introduced DNA in recipient cells
2. It serves as a selectable marker
3. It is isolated from a virus
4. It remains active at high temperature
For transformation, microparticles coated with DNA to be bombarded with gene gun are
made up of
1. silver or platinum
2. platinum or zinc
3. silicon or platinum
4. gold or tungsten
Given below is a sample of portion of DNA strand giving the base sequence on the
opposite strands. What is so, special shown in it?
5'__ GAATTC_ 3'
3' __ CTTAAG__5'
1. Deletion mutation
2. Start codon at the 5' end
3. Palindromic sequence of base pairs
4. Replication completed
There is a restriction endonuclease called Eco RI. What does 'co' part in it stand for?
Agarose extracted from sea weeds finds use in
1. tissue culture
3. gel electrophoresis
Continuous addition of sugars in ‘fed batch’ fermentation is done to
1. obtain antibiotics
2. purify enzymes
3. degrade sewage
4. produce methane
Which one of the following is used as vector for cloning genes into higher organisms?
2. Salmonella typhimurium
3. Rhizopus nigricans
Which one of the following palindromic base sequences in DNA can be easily cut at about
the middle by some particular restriction enzyme?
Restriction endonucleases are enzymes which
1. make cuts at specific positions within the DNA molecule
2. recognize a specific nucleotide sequence for binding of DNA ligase
3. restrict the action of the enzyme DNA polymerase
4. remove nucleotides from the ends of the DNA molecule