The motile bacteria are able to move by
A major site for synthesis of lipids is
The Golgi complex plays a major role
(1) in trapping the light and tranforming it into chemical energy
(2) in digesting proteins and carbohydrates
(3) as energy transferring organelles
(4) in post translational modificaiton of proteins and glycosidation of lipids
Which one; of the following organelle in the figure correctly matches with its function?
1. Rough endoplasmic reticulum, formation of glycoproteins
2. Golgi apparatus, protein synthesis
3. Golgi apparatus, formation of carbohydrates
4. Rough endoplasmic reticulum, protein synthesis
Ribosomal RNA is actively synthesized in
What is true about ribosomes?
1. The prokaryotic ribosomes are 80 S, where S stands for sedimentation coefficient
2. These are composed of ribonucleic acid and proteins
3. These are found only in eukaryotic cells
4. These are self-splicing introns of some RNAs
Select the correct statement from the following regarding cell membrane.
1. Na+ and K ions move across cell membrane by passive transport
2. Proteins make up 60 to 70% of the cell membrane
3. Lipids are arranged in a bilayer with polar heads towards the inner part
4. Fluid mosaic model of cell membrane was proposed by Singer and Nicolson
Important site for formation of glycoproteins and glycolipids is
1. Golgi apparatus
Which one of the following also act as a ribozyme in a bacterial cell?
2. hn RNA
3. 23 S rRNA
4. 5 S rRNA
In eubacteria, a cellular component that resembles eukaryotic cells is
3. cell wall
4. plasma membrane