The body cells in cockroach discharge their nitrogenous waste in the haemolymph mainly in the form of
(2) potassium urate
(4) calcium carbonate
Select the correct route for the passage of sperms in the male frogs.
(1) Testis → Bidder's canal → Kidney → Vasa efferentia → Urinogenital duct → Cloaca
(2) Testis → Vasa efferentia → Kidney → Seminal Vesicle → Urinogenital duct → Cloaca
(3) Test → Vasa efferentia → Bidder's canal → Ureter → Cloaca
(4) Testis → Vasa efferentia → Kidney → Bidder's canal → Urinogenital duct → Cloaca
Frog's heart when taken out of the body continues to beat for sometime.
Select the best option from the following statements.
I. Frog is a poikilotherm.
II. Frog does not have any coronary circulation.
III. Heart is "myogenic" in nature.
IV. Heart is autoexcitable.
(1) Only III
(2) Only IV
(3) I and II
(4) III and IV
In male cockroaches, sperms are stored in which part of the reproductive system?
(1) Seminal vesicles
(2) Mushroom glands
(4) Vas deferens
Smooth muscles are
(1) involuntary, fusiform, non-striated
(2) voluntary, multinucleate, cylindrical
(3) involuntary, cylindrical, striated
(4) voluntary, spindle-shaped, uninucleate
Which of the following features is not present in Periplaneta americana?
(1) Indeterminate and radial cleavage during embryonic development
(2) Exoskeleton composed of N-acetylglucosamine
(3) Metamerically segmented body
(4) Schizocoelom as body cavity
The function of the gap junction is to
1. performing cementing to keep neighbouring cells together
2. faciliate communication between adjoining cells by connecting the cytoplasm for rapid transfer of ions, small molecules and some large molecules
3. seperate two cells from each other
4. stop substance from leaking across a tissue
The terga sterna and pleura of cockroach body are joined by
1. cementing glue
2. muscular issue
3. arthrodial membrane
Choose the corectly matched pair.
(1) Tendon-Specialised connective tissue
(2) Adipose tissue-Dense connective tissue
(3) Areolar tissue-Loose connective tissue
(4) Cartilage-Loose connective tissue
What external changes are visible after the last moult of a cockroach nymph?
1. Mandible become harder
2. Anal cerci develop
3. Both fore wings and hind wings develop
4. Labium develops