Which of the following are found in extreme saline conditions?
Viroids differ from viruses in having
(1) DNA molecules with protein coat
(2) DNA molecules without protein coat
(3) RNA molecules with protein coat
(4) RNA molecules without protein coat
Which one of the following is wrong for fungi?
(1) They are eukaryotic
(2) All fungi possess a purely cellulosic cell wall
(3) They are heterotrophic
(4) They are both unicellular and multicellular
Methanogens belong to
(4) slime moulds
Select the wrong statement.
(1) The walls of diatoms are easily destructible
(2) 'Diatomaceous earth' is formed by the cell walls of diatoms
(3) Diatoms are chief producers in the oceans
(4) Diatoms are microscopic and float passively in water
Chrysophytes, euglenoids, dinoflagellates and slime moulds are included in the kingdom
The primitive prokaryotes responsible for the production of biogas from the dung of ruminant animals, include the
Which one of the following statements is wrong?
(1) Golden algae are also called desmids
(2) Eubacteria are also called false bacteria
(3) Phycomycetes are also called algal fungi
(4) Cyanobacteria are also called blue-green algae
One of the major components of cell wall of most fungi is
Which of the following statements is wrong for viroids?
(1) They are smaller than viruses
(2) They cause infections
(3) Their RNA is of high molecular weight
(4) They lack a protein coat