Select the wrong statement.
(1) The walls of diatoms are easily destructible
(2) 'Diatomaceous earth' is formed by the cell walls of diatoms
(3) Diatoms are chief producers in the oceans
(4) Diatoms are microscopic and float passively in water
Chrysophytes, euglenoids, dinoflagellates and slime moulds are included in the kingdom
The primitive prokaryotes responsible for the production of biogas from the dung of ruminant animals, include the
Which one of the following statements is wrong?
(1) Golden algae are also called desmids
(2) Eubacteria are also called false bacteria
(3) Phycomycetes are also called algal fungi
(4) Cyanobacteria are also called blue-green algae
One of the major components of cell wall of most fungi is
Which of the following statements is wrong for viroids?
(1) They are smaller than viruses
(2) They cause infections
(3) Their RNA is of high molecular weight
(4) They lack a protein coat
Which one of the following fungi contains hallucinogens?
(1) Morchella esculenta
(2) Amanita muscaria
(3) Neurospora sp.
(4) Ustilago sp.
Archaebacteria differ from eubacteria in
(1) cell membrane structure
(2) mode of nutrition
(3) cell shape
(4) mode of reproduction
The most abundant prokaryotes helpful to human in making curd from milk and in production of antibiotics are the ones categorized as
(3) chemosynthetic autotrophs
(4) heterotrophic bacteria
Which one of the following does not differ in E.coli and Chlamydomonas?
(2) Chromosomal organization
(3) Cell wall
(4) Cell membrane