The first type II restriction endonuclease discovered that could cut dsDNA specific site was:
3. Hind II
4. Hind III
Which statement regarding restriction endonucleases is NOT correct?
1. They recognize a specific base sequence in the DNA.
2. They are produced by bacterial cells as a primitive immune system.
3. They digest DNA by removing nucleotides from a free 3' end.
4. They often generate stick ends.
What limitation of traditional hybridization used for plant and animal breeding has been overcome by
the use of rDNA techniques?
1. High cost
2. Insertion of undesirable genes
3. Complexity of the procedure
4. Antigenicity of the product
Which of the following restriction sites is located within the gene for tetracycline resistance in the plasmid pBR322?
The technique not used for transformation of plant cells in recombinant procedures is:
2. Agrobacterium mediation
3. Use of viruses
In the screening process during rDNA experiments, clones that metabolize -gal turn:
Microinjection is suitable for :
1. Injecting an ovum into the sperm in IVF
2. Transforming animal cells
3. Injecting very small sized drug particles into neurons
4. Conferring antibiotic resistance to a certain strain of bacteria
The plasmid pBR322 does not contain:
1. An origin of replication site
2. A gene that encodes for restrictor of plasmid copy number
3. Gene for Ampicillin and Streptomycin resistance
4. Sites for many restriction enzymes
Restriction enzymes are synthesized by:
1. Bacteria only
2. Yeast and bacteria only
3. Eukaryotic cells only
4. All kinds of cells
The bioreactor shown in the diagram is:
1. Sparged stirred tank type
2. Airlift type
3. Simple stirred tank type
4. Fluidized bed type