For the stability of the organic compounds, Oparin opined that probably:
For origin of life, which of the following is not a precondition, needed to be fulfilled by the protobionts under consideration?
1. They should have been able to totally isolate themselve from the general environment
2. They should have been able to replicate
3. They should have acquired a perpetual source of energy
4. Their replication should have been subject to error via mutation
Which of the following is not a precondition for Hardy-Weinberg Equilibrium?
1. The population should be large
2. The mating should be assortative
3. There is no gene flow into or out of the population
4. All offspring should be equally fertile.
What is genetic equilibrium?
1. When all the alleles of a gene are present in a population in equal frequencies
2. When the number of heterozygotes in a population are equal to the number of either of the homozygote.
3. When the number of heterozygotes in a population are equal to the number of either of the homozygote.
4. When the frequency of particular genes or alleles remain constant in a population through generations
Which of the following is the most important precondition for speciation to occur?
(a) Reproductive isolation
(b) A crash of the population size
(c) Adaptive radiation
(d) Random mating
Some of the marsupials of Australia resemble equivalent placental mammals that live in similar habitats of other continents. This is an example of:
1. Convergent evolution
2. Divergent evolution
3. Saltatory evolution
4. Adaptive radiation
Gene flow is
1. the migration of species populations to new areas
2. the exchange of genes during fertilization
3. mating between close relatives
4. the movement of genes between species populations