Mark the incorrect statement w.r.t. evolution
1 When we see objects in our immediate surroundings we see them instantly and hence in the present time
2 When we look at stars on a clear night sky we are, looking back in time
3 Stellar distances are measured in kilometers
4 Huge clusters of galaxies comprise the universe
Why does it is said that looking at stars on a clear night sky means looking back in time?
A. What we are seeing at that time is actually has stated its journey millions of years back
B. What we are seeing at that time is actually has stated its journey trillions of days back
C. What we are seeing at that time is actually has stated its journey thousands of days back
D. What we are seeing at that time is actually has stated its journey thousands of kilometers away
Which of the following statements are not true?
(1) The origin of life is considered a unique event in the history of universe.
(2) Earth is just a speck.
(3) Universe is almost 20 million years old
(4) Galaxies contain stars and clouds of gas and dust
After about how many years of the formation of the earth, life appeared on this planet?
1. 500 billion years
2. 50 million years
3. 500 million years
4. 50 billion years
Which of the following is not true about Big Bang theory?
(1) A singular huge explosion
(2) Universe expanded and temperature came down
(3) Hydrogen and Helium formed alongwith this expansion
(4) The gases condensed under gravitation and formed the galaxies of the present day universe.
Which of the following options is not correct regarding early atmosphere?
(A) Oxygen was totally absent
(B) Atmosphere was reducing
(C) Temperature was high
(D) Presence of free molecules
(E) Presence of molecules like vapours
1. A, D and E
2. A and D
3. D and E
4. A only
The concept of chemical evolution is based on
1. crystallization of chemicals
2. interaction of water, air, and clay under intense heat
3. effect of solar radiation on chemicals
4. the possible origin of life by the combination of chemicals under suitable environmental conditions
Which of the following statements is TRUE?
1. Prokaryotes evolved before eukaryotes.
2. Eukaryotes evolved before prokaryotes.
3. Prokaryotes and eukaryotes evolved at approximately the same time.
4. It is unclear whether prokaryotes or eukaryotes evolved first
In Miller's experiment, he used a mixture of CH4, NH3, H2 and water vapour in a closed flask to mimic early earth conditions. What was the temperature at which this flask was kept?
Which one is obtained by S. Miller in his experiments on origin of life before 1953 :
1. Simple sugars
2. Amino acids