Hypersecretion of growth hormone in adults does not cause further increase in height because
1. growth hormone becomes inactive in adults
2. epiphyseal plates close after adolescence
3. bones loose their sensitivity to growth hormone in adults
4. muscle fibres do not grow in size after birth
Which of the following is a temporary endocrine gland in the human body?
(a) pineal gland
(b) corpus cardiacum
(c) corpus Luteum
(d) corpus allatum
GnRH, a hypothalamic hormone, needed in reproduction, acts on
(a) anterior pituitary gland and stimulates secretion of LH and oxytocin
(b) anterior pituitary gland and stimulates secretion of LH and FSH
(c) posterior pituitary gland and stimulates secretion of oxytocin and FSH
(d) posterior pituitary gland and stimulates secretion of LH and relaxin
Graves disease is caused due to?
1. hyposecretion of thyroid gland
2. hypersecretion of thyroid gland
3. hyposecretion of adrenal gland
4. hypersecretion of adrenal gland
Name a peptide hormone which acts mainly on hepatocytes, adipocytes and enhances cellular glucose uptake and utilisation.
The posterior pituitary gland is not a ‘true’ endocrine gland because.
1. it is provided with a duct
2. it only stores and releases hormones
3. it is under the regulation of hypothalamus
4. it secretes enzymes
Changes in GnRH pulse frequency in females is controlled by circulating levels of:-
(a) estrogen and inhibin
(b) progesterone only
(c) progesterone and inhibin
(d) estrogen and progesterone
Which of the following pairs of hormones are not antagonistic (having opposite effects) to each other?
1. Insulin Thyroid hormone
2. Aldosterone Atrial Natriuretic Factor
3. Relaxin Inhibin
4. Parathormone Calcitonin
Which one of the following hormones is not involved in sugar metabolism?
Which one of the following hormones though synthesised elsewhere, is stored and released by the master gland?
(a) Antidiuretic hormone
(b) Luteinzing hormone
(d0 Melanocyte stimulating hormone