Pacinian corpuscles occur in the skin of certain parts of body in mammals. These are
(1) type of glands
(2) pain receptors
(3) naked tactile receptors
(4) encapsulated pressure receptors.
The cavity of diencephalon is known as
(1) first ventricle
(2) second ventricle
(3) third ventricle
(4) fourth ventricle
Which one is an incorrect match?
(1) Glucoma-Abnormal high pressure on liquid of eye
(2) Eustachian tube-Connects middle ear cavity with pharynx
The cranial nerves which originate from the medulla oblongata are
(1) IX, X, XI and XII
(2) III, VIl and IX
(3) VII, VII IX and X
(4) VIlI, IX, X, XI and XII
A small rise in the body temperature of humans is corrected by
(ii) dilating the skin arteries
(iii) constricting the skin arteries
(iv) increased tension of muscles in the skin.
(1) (i) only
(2) (ii) only
(3) (i) and (ii)
(4) (iii) and (iv)
Node of Ranvier occurs where
(1) nerve is covered with myelin sheath
(2) neurolemma is discontinuous
(3) neurolemma and myelin sheath are discontinuous
(4) myelin sheath is discontinuous
Given is the diagrammatic representation of the sectional view of cochlea. Select the correct option regarding it.
(a) A - Organ of corti-responsible for maintenance of balance of the body and posture.
(b) B - Scala vestibuli-filled with endolymph that ends at the round window.
(c) C - Scala tympani- terminates at the round window which opens to the middle ear.
(d) D - Basilar membrane nerve impulses are generated against it.
The brain disease caused due to accumulation of amyloid -peptide is
(1) Addison's disease
(2) Huntington's disease
(3) Parkinson's disease
(4) Alzheimer's disease
Which of the following part of human brain is also called emotional brain?
(1) Corpus callosum
(2) Limbic system
(4) Broca's area
Which of the following is true for the function of labelled parts in the diagram below?
(1) A - Blind spot - Image is formed here
(2) B - Fovea - No visual activity is present
(3) C - Cornea - Helps to hold lens in place
(4) D - Iris - Visible coloured portion of eye