Which one of the following option gives the correct categorization of six animals according to the type of nitrogenous wastes (A, B, C) they give out?
The principal nitrogenous excretory compound in humans is synthesised.
1. in kidneys but eliminated mostly through liver
2. in kidneys as well as eliminated by kidneys
3. in liver and also eliminated by the same through bile
4. in the liver, but eliminated mostly through kidneys
Which of the following nitrogenous waste is least toxic and can be removed with minimum loss of water?
3. Degraded products of hormones
4. Uric acid
Consider the following statements :
I. Many bony fishes, aquatic amphibians, and aquatic insects are ammonotelic
II. Mammals, many terrestrial amphibians, and cartilaginous fishes are ureotelic
III. Reptiles, birds, land snails, and insects are uricotelic
Which of the above statements are true?
1. I and II only
2. I and III only
3. II and III only
4. I,II annd III
Which is not correctly matched?
1. Malpighian tubules - Cockroaches, Mosquito
2. Antennal glands - Planaria, Crab
3. Nephridia - Earthworm
4. Protonephridia - Amphioxus
Which one of the following characteristics is common both in humans and adult
1. Internal fertilization
2. Nucleated RBCs
3. Ureotelic mode of excretion
4. Four – chambered heart
The production of urea and uric acid is because of
1. Conservation of water
2. Terrestrial adaptation
3. Terrestrial adaptation for conservation of water
4. Advancement of organism in comparison to all water animals
Which of the following has not the protonephridia as an excretory organ?
Which of the following is not the primary function of protonephridia?
1. Ionic volume regulation
2. Fluid volume regulation
Human excretory system does not involve