The correct order of steps in Polymerase Chain Reation (PCR) is
(1) Extension Denaturation, Annealing
(2) Annealing, Extension, Denaturation
(3) Denaturation, Annealing, Extension
(4) Denaturation, Extension, Annealing
DNA strands on a gel stained with ethidium bromide when viewed under UV radiation, appear as:
(1) Dark red bands
(2) Bright blue bands
(3) Yellow bands
(4) Bright orange bands
During the purification process for recombinant DNA technology, addition of chilled ethanol precipitates out:
Plasmid pBR322 has a PstI restriction enzyme site within gene ampR that confers ampicillin resistance. If this enzyme is used for inserting a gene for -galactoside production and the recombinant plasmid is inserted in an E.coli strain,
1. it will lead to the lysis of host cells.
2. it will be able to produce a novel protein with dual abilities.
3. it will not be able to confer ampicillin resistance to the host cell.
4. the transformed cells will have the ability to resist ampicillin as well as produce -galactoside.
A specific recognition sequence identified by endonucleases to make cuts at specific positions within the DNA is:
1. Palindromic Nucleotide sequences
2. Poly(A) tail sequences
3. Degenerate primer sequence
4. Okazaki sequences
During the process of gene amplification using PCR, very high temperature is not maintained in the beginning, then which of the following PCR will be affected first?
The sequence that controls the copy number of the linked DNA in the vector, is termed :
1. Ori site
2. Palindromic sequence
3. Recognition site
4. Selectable marker
In-gel electrophoresis, separated DNA fragments can be visualized with the help of:
1. Ethidium bromide in UV radiation
2. Acetocarmine in UV radiation
3. Ethidium bromide in infrared radiation
4. Acetocarmine in bright blue light
Identify the wrong statement with regards to restriction enzyme
1. They cut the strength at palindromic sites.
2. They are useful in genetic engineering.
3. Sticky ends can be joined by using DNA ligases.
4. Each restriction enzyme functions by inspecting the length of a DNA sequence.
The specific palindromic sequence which is recognized by EcoRI is :
1. 5' -GGAACC-3'