Suppose that the lower half of the concave mirror’s reflecting surface in the given figure is covered with an opaque (non-reflective) material. What effect will this have on the image of an object placed in front of the mirror?
1. The image will show only half of the object
2. The image will show the whole of the object
3. The intensity of the image will be low
4. Both (2) and (3)
A mobile phone lies along the principal axis of a concave mirror, as shown in the figure. Then,
1. The magnification is not uniform due to the length of the object along the principal axis.
2. The distortion of the image depends on the location of the phone with respect to the mirror.
3. Both (1) and (2)
4. None of these
An object is placed at 10 cm in front of a concave mirror with a radius of curvature of 15 cm. The magnification of the image is:
An object is placed at 5 cm in front of a concave mirror with a radius of curvature of 15 cm. The nature of the image is:
1. Magnified, real, and inverted
2. Magnified, virtual, and erect
3. Magnified, real, and erect
4. None of these
Suppose while sitting in a parked car, you notice a jogger approaching towards you in the side view mirror of R = 2 m. If the jogger is running at a speed of , how fast does the image of the jogger appear to move when the jogger is 39 m away?
The earth takes 24 h to rotate once about its axis. How much time does the sun take to shift by 1° when viewed from the earth?
1. 3 minutes
2. 2 minutes
3. 1 minutes
4. 4 minutes
Light from a point source in the air falls on a convex spherical glass surface (n = 1.5 and radius of curvature = 20 cm) of a glass medium which extends till infinity on other side . The distance of the light source from the glass surface is 100 cm. At what position the image is formed?
1. at a distance of 200 cm from the glass surface, in the direction of incident light.
2. at a distance of 100 cm from the glass surface, in the direction of incident light.
3. at a distance of 200 cm from the glass surface, in the opposite direction of incident light.
4. at a distance of 100 cm from the glass surface, in the opposite direction of incident light.
A magician during a show makes a glass lens with n = 1.47 disappear in a trough of liquid. What is the refractive index of the liquid?
If f = 0.5 m for a glass lens, what is the power of the lens?
The radii of curvature of the faces of a double convex lens are 10 cm and 15 cm. Its focal length is 12 cm. What is the refractive index of glass?