The incorrect statement about the nodal plane among the following is
1. A plane on which there is a zero probability of finding an electron
2. A plane on which there is maximum probability that the electron will be found
3. is zero at nodal plane
4. None of the above
The correct order of the total number of nodes of atomic orbitals is
1. 4f > 6s > 5d
2. 6s > 5d > 4f
3. 4f > 5d > 6s
4. 5d > 4f > 6s
Assertion: The number of radial nodes in , is zero.
Reason: The number of angular nodes of atomic orbitals is equal to the value of l.
1. Both the assertion and the reason are true and the reason is the correct explanation of the assertion.
2. Both the assertion and the reason are true but the reason is not the correct explanation of the assertion.
3. The assertion is true but the reason is false.
4. The assertion is false but the reason is true.
Which of the following is correct?
1. Number of angular nodes = n-l-1
2. Number of radial nodes = l
3. Total number of nodes = n-1
4. All of the above
Orbitals having two spherical nodes are
In a subshell, if the number of radial nodes is two times the number of angular nodes, then the minimum possible value of the principal quantum number (n) is
[angular nodes are non-zero)