Keystone species deserve protection because these
(1) are capable of surviving in harsh environmental conditions
(2) indicate presence of certain minerals in the soil
(3) have become rare due to overexploitation
(4) play an important role in supporting other species.
Most animals that live in deep oceanic waters are
(1) Tertiary consumers
(3) Primary consumers
(4) Secondary consumers
Desert can be converted into a lush green land by planting
(1) terrestrial plant
(2) xerophytic plant
Energy flow in an ecosystem is
(4) All the these
Animals take phosphours from
In a stable ecosystem, which of the following limits the number of trophic levels?
(2) The number of nutrients
(3) Availability of nutrients
(4) Presence of contaminants that increase in concentration along the food chain
The bacteria which attack dead animals are
(1) first link of the food chain and are known as primary producers.
(2) Second link of the food chain and are herbivorous
(3) third link of the food chain and are tertiary consumers
(4) the end of food chain and are decomposers.
What is PAR range?
(1) 200 nm - 800 nm
(2) 400 nm - 700 nm
(3) 350 nm - 550 nm
(4) 600 nm - 100 nm
Given below is one of the types of ecological pyramids
This type represents
(1) pyramid of numbers in a forest
(2) pyramid of biomass in a fallow land
(3) pyramid of biomass in a lake
(4) energy pyramid in a spring.
Which one of the following is correct matching of a plant, its habit and the forest type where it normally occurs?
(1) Prosopis, Tree, scrub
(2) Saccharum, grass, forest
(3) Shorea robusta, herb, topical rain forest
(4) Acacia catechu, tree, coniferous forest