Hisardale is a new breed of:
(1) Sheep developed by crossing Bikaneri ewes and Marino rams.
(2) Sheep developed by crossing Bikaneri rams and Marino ewes.
(3) Goat developed by crossing Bikaneri ewes and Marino rams.
(4) Goat developed by crossing Bikaneri rams and Marino ewes.
Today, all our major food crops are derived from:
1. Wild varieties
2. Domesticated varieties
3. Genetically modified varieties
4. Plant tissue culture
There are several species of honeybees which can be reared. Of these the species reared in india is:
(1) Apis indica
(2) Apis dorsata
(3) Trigona iridipennis
(4) Apis mellifera
Consider the following two statements:
I. An effective germplasm collection is the prerequisite of any successful plant breeding program.
II. Genetic variability is the root of any breeding program.
1. Both I and II are true and II explains I
2. Both I and II are true and II dose not explains I
3. I is true but II is false
4. I is false but II is true
Arrange the following steps of a plant breeding program in a correct chronological manner:
I. Selection and testing of superior recombinants
II. Collection of variability
III. Cross-hybridization among the selected parents
IV. Evaluation and selection of parents
V. Testing, release and commercialization of new cultivars
1. II, IV, I, III, V
2. IV, I, II, III, V
3. II. IV, III, I, V
4. IV, III, II, I, V
The best breeding method for animals that are below average in produtivity in milk production would be:
4. Interspecific hybridisation
Identify the option where all columns are not correctly matched:
Crop Variety Resistant to
1. Wheat Himgiri Leaf rust
2. Brassica Pusa Swarnim White rust
3. Cowpea Pusa komal Black rot
4. Chilli Pusa sadabahar Leaf curl
In mung bean the resistance to yellow mosaic virus and powdery mildew were introduced by:
3. Tissue culture
4. Genetic engineering
Pusa Shubhra, an improved variety of cauliflower, is resistant to:
1. White rust
2. Bacterial blight
3. Black rot
4. Leaf curl
To obtain a virus free plant, what can be used as an explant in micropropogation ?
1. Apical meristem
2. Axillary meristem
3. Either apical or axillary meristem