Outbreeding is an important strategy in animal husbandry because it:
1. helps in accumulation of superior genes.
2. is useful in producing pure lines of animals.
3. is useful in overcoming inbreeding depression.
4. exposes harmful recessive genes that are eliminated by selection.
In vitro clonal propagation in plants in characterized by :
1. PCR and RAPD
2. Northern blotting
3. Electrophoresis and HPLC
To obtain virus - free healthy plants from a diseased one by tissue culture technique, which part/parts of the diseased plant will be taken ?
1. Apical meristem only
2. Palisade parenchyma
3. Both apical and axillary meristems
4. Epidermis only
Which part would be most suitable for raising virus-free plants for micro propagation?
2. Vascular tissue
2. gene library
2. Zea maize