Which of the following is not a step in Multiple Ovulation Embryo Transfer Technology (MOET)?
|1.||Cow is fertilized by artificial insemination|
|2.||Fertilized eggs are transferred to surrogate mothers at 8-32 cell stage|
|3.||Cow is administered hormone having LH like activity for superovulation|
|4.||Cow yields about 6-8 eggs at a time|
Which of the following is not an objective of Biofortification in crops?
1. Improve vitamin content
2. Improve micronutrient and mineral content
3. Improve protein content
4. Improve resistance to diseases
Mutations in plant cells can be induced by:
1. Gamma rays
4. Infrared rays
Match List - I with List - II
|List - I||List - II|
|(a) Protoplast fusion||(i) Totipotency|
|(b) Plant tissue culture||(ii) Pomato|
|(c) Meristem culture||(iii) Somaclones|
|(d) Micropropagation||(iv) Virus free plants|
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Inbreeding depression is -
|1.||Reduced motility and immunity due to close inbreeding|
|2.||Decreased productivity due to mating of superior male and inferior female|
|3.||Decrease in body mass of progeny due to continued close inbreeding|
|4.||Reduced fertility and productivity due to continued close inbreeding|
Following crops have been extensively cultivated in CO2 rich atmosphere for higher yield:
1. Sugar beet and Cabbage
2. Carrots and Tomatoes
3. Wheat and Sugar beet
4. Tomatoes and Bell pepper
The term 'Blue Revolution' is related with :
1. Various crop plants and their by-products
2. Development of water reservoirs
3. Honey and its by-products
4. Fishery industry
Select the incorrect statement with respect to inbreeding of animals.
1. It is used for evolving pure lines in cattle.
2. It helps in accumulation of superior genes and elimination of less desirable genes.
3. It decreases homozygosity.
4. It exposes harmful recessive genes that are eliminated by selection