Match List - I with List - II
|List - I||List - II|
|(a) Protoplast fusion||(i) Totipotency|
|(b) Plant tissue culture||(ii) Pomato|
|(c) Meristem culture||(iii) Somaclones|
|(d) Micropropagation||(iv) Virus free plants|
Choose the correct answer from the options given below.
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(1) (iii) (iv) (i) (ii)
(2) (iv) (iii) (ii) (i)
(3) (iii) (iv) (ii) (i)
(4) (ii) (i) (iv) (iii)
Mutations in plant cells can be induced by:
1. Gamma rays
4. Infrared rays
Which of the following is not an objective of Biofortification in crops?
1. Improve vitamin content
2. Improve micronutrient and mineral content
3. Improve protein content
4. Improve resistance to diseases
Which of the following is not a step in Multiple Ovulation Embryo Transfer Technology (MOET)?
1. Cow is fertilized by artificial insemination
2. Fertilized eggs are transferred to surrogate mothers at 8-32 cell stage
3. Cow is administered hormone having LH like activity for super ovulation
4. Cow yields about 6-8 eggs at a time
By which method was a new breed 'Hisardale' of sheep found by using Bikaneri ewes and Marina rams?
1. Mutational breeding
2. Cross breeding
4. Out crossing
Inbreeding depression is -
1. Reduced motility and immunity due to close inbreeding
2. Decreased productivity due to mating of superior male and inferior female
3. Decrease in body mass of progeny due to continued close inbreeding
4. Reduced fertility and productivity due to continued close inbreeding
Select the incorrect statement
1. Inbreeding helps in the accumulation of superior genes and the elimination of undesirable genes
2. Inbreeding increases homozygosity
3. Inbreeding is essential to evolve purelines in any animal
4. Inbreeding selects harmful recessive genes that reduce fertility and productivity
Select the incorrect statement regarding inbreeding:
1. Inbreeding helps in elimination of deleterious alleles from the population
2. Inbreeding is necessary to evolve a pure-line in any animal
3. Continued inbreeding reduces fertility and leads to inbreeding depression.
4. Inbreeding depression cannot be overcome by out-crossing.
In mung bean, resistance to yellow mosaic, virus and powdery mildew were brought about by :
1. Mutation breeding
3. Tissue culture
4. Hybridization and selection