The management of animals for milk and its products for human consumption is called as:-
1. Animal breeding
4. Animal husbandry
Which of the following is the most important factor that would lead to increased milk yield in cattle ?
(1) Selection of good breeds
(2) Resistance to diseases
(3) Stringent cleanliness and hygiene
(4) Provision of ideal environmental conditions to cattle
Amongst the following the number of fresh water fishes is:
Catla, Rohu, Common carp, Hilsa, Sardines, Mackerel, Pomfrets
A group of animals related by descent and similar in most characters like general appearance, features, size, configuration, etc., are said to belong to a:
The purposeful manipulation of plant species in order to create desired plant types that are better suited for cultivation, give better yields and are disease resistant is called:
2. Genetic farming
4. r DNA technology
Hisardale is a new breed of:
(1) Sheep developed by crossing Bikaneri ewes and Marino rams.
(2) Sheep developed by crossing Bikaneri rams and Marino ewes.
(3) Goat developed by crossing Bikaneri ewes and Marino rams.
(4) Goat developed by crossing Bikaneri rams and Marino ewes.
Today, all our major food crops are derived from:
1. Wild varieties
2. Domesticated varieties
3. Genetically modified varieties
4. Plant tissue culture
There are several species of honeybees which can be reared. Of these the species reared in India is:
(1) Apis indica
(2) Apis dorsata
(3) Trigona iridipennis
(4) Apis mellifera
Consider the following two statements:
I. An effective germplasm collection is the prerequisite of any successful plant breeding program.
II. Genetic variability is the root of any breeding program.
1. Both I and II are true and II explains I
2. Both I and II are true and II dose not explains I
3. I is true but II is false
4. I is false but II is true
Arrange the following steps of a plant breeding program in a correct chronological manner:
I. Selection and testing of superior recombinants
II. Collection of variability
III. Cross-hybridization among the selected parents
IV. Evaluation and selection of parents
V. Testing, release and commercialization of new cultivars
1. II, IV, I, III, V
2. IV, I, II, III, V
3. II. IV, III, I, V
4. IV, III, II, I, V