In a stamen proximal end of filament is attached to
2. Thalamus or petals.
Choose the correct statements
a. Perisperm is the persistant nucellus in the seeds of black pepper.
b. Single large cotyledon in grass is situated towards lateral side of the embryonal axis.
c. Seeds are the basis of agriculture.
d. Citrus has only one embryo in a seed.
1. Only a
2. Only a & b
3. Only a, b & c
4. a, b, c & d
Megaspore mother cell differentiates from
1. Nucellus in the micropylar region.
2. Nucellus in the chalazal region.
3. Primary parietal cell in chalazal region.
4. Integument cell in micropylar region.
Which one of the following statement is false in respect of flowering plants?
1. Parthenocarpy can be induced through the application of growth hormones
2. Integuments encircle the ovule except at the tip where a small opening called the germ pore is organized
3. Endosperm development precedes embryo development
4. Apomicts have several advantages in horticulture and agriculture
A typical anther shows
a. Two lobes with two theca each
b. Each lobe as dithecous
c. All cells in a given microsporangium as potential PMC
d. Thousands of microspores per microsporangium
Out of these statements :
1. b is incorrect
2. a and b are correct
3. c and d are incorrect
4. a, b, c and d are correct
Which of the following has proved helpful in preserving pollens as fossils?
2. Cellulosic intine
3. Oil content
Pollen grains can be stored for several years in liquid nitrogen having a temperature of:
|1.||–120 °C||2.||–80 °C|
|3.||–196 °C||4.||–160 °C|
|1.||Fusion of two male gametes of a pollen tube with two different eggs|
|2.||Fusion of one male gamete with two polar nuclei|
|3.||Fusion of two male gametes with one egg|
|4.||Syngamy and triple fusion|
Double fertilization is exhibited by:
Arrange the following stages of microspore development into pollen grain, in correct sequence
1. b, c, d, and a
2. b, d, a and c
3. a, c, b and d
4. b, a, d and c