Match the following concerning the activity/function and the phytohormone involved :-
(a) Fruit ripener (i) Abscisic acid
(b) Herbicide (ii) GA 3
(c) Bolting agent (iii) 2, 4-D
(d) Stress hormone (iv) Ethephon
Select the correct option from following :-
1. (a)-(ii), (b)-(iii), (c)-(iv), (d)-(i)
2. (a)-(iii), (b)-(iv), (c)-(ii), (d)-(i)
3. (a)-(iv), (b)-(iii), (c)-(ii), (d)-(i)
4. (a)-(iv), (b)-(ii), (c)-(i), (d)-(iii)
Removal of shoot tips is a very useful technique to boost the production of tea- leaves. This is because
1. Gibberellins prevent bolting and are inactivated.
2. Auxins prevent leaf drop at early stages.
3. Effect of auxins is removed and growth of lateral buds is enhanced.
4. Gibberellins delay senescence of leaves.
One of the commonly used plant growth hormone in tea plantations is -
1. Abscisic acid
3. Indole-3- acetic acid
Root development is promoted by -
4. Abscisic acid
One of the synthetic auxin is