Read following statements and answer in suitable term given in option:-
a. The promotion of flowering by a period of low temperature
b. Hormonal substance migrates from leaves to shoot for inducing flowering
c. The general metabolic activity of the embryo slow down or in inactive state
d. Formation of separation layer between tissue
1. Photoperiodism, vernalisation, abscission layer, dormancy
2. Vernalisation, photoperiodism, dormancy, abscission layer
3. Dormancy, photoperiodism, vernalisation, abscission layer
4. Abscission layer, vernalisation, dormancy, photoperiodism
How many of the following can help in breaking seed dormancy?
1. Changing the environmental condition like light & temperature.
2. Application of GA3 or nitrates.
3. Chilling condition.
4. All the above
Which of the following is not an inhibitory substance governing seed dormancy?
1. Abscisic acid
2. Phenolic acid
3. Para-ascorbic acid
4. Gibberellic acid
Which of the following is not a natural mean to remove seed coat?
(1) Microbial action
(2) Passage through Digestive tract
(3) Vigorous shaking
(4) Both (2) and (3)
Plant growth promoters are not involved in
1.Cell division, cell enlargement
2.Pattern formation, seed formation
4.Fruiting and Flowering
Inhibitory substances in dormant seeds cannot be removed by subjecting seeds to:
1. Gibberellic acid
3. Ascorbic acid
4. Chilling conditions