In which of the following options the PGR is correctly matched with its two functions?
1. Abscisc acid - (i) Induce immediate stomatal closure in leaves.
(ii) Induce rooting is a twig.
2. Gibberellins - (i) Bolting in rosette plant.
(ii) Speed up the malting process in brewing industry.
3. Ethylene - (i) Delay leaf senescence.
(ii) Controls xylem differentiation.
4. Auxin - (i) Used to kill mocotyledonous weeds.
(ii) Promotes nutrient mobilisation.
It takes very long time for pineapple plants to produce flowers. Which combination of hormones can be applied to artificially induce flowering in pineapple plants throughout the year to increase yield?
1. Cytokinin and Abscisic acid
2. Auxin and Ethylene
3. Gibberellin and Cytokinin
4. Gibberellin and Abscisic acid
You are given a tissue with its potential for differentiation in an artificial culture. Which of the following pairs of hormones would you add to the medium to secure shoots as well as roots?
1. IAA and gibberellin
2. Auxin and cytokinin
3. Auxin and abscisic acid
4. Gibberellin & abscisic acid
A. _______ hormone is most widely used PGR in
B. _______ hormone is related with Richmond Lang
1. Auxin CK
2. Auxin GA
3. Ethylene CK
4. ABA CK
What conditions are required for vernalisation in
1. Low temperature, CO2.
2. Low temperature, O2, leaf.
3. Optimum temperature, O2.
4. Low temperature, O2.
The phytohormone, which was first isolated from human urine, shows
a. Bolting effect.
b. Apical dominance.
c. Control of xylem differentiation.
d. Promote leaf senescence.
e. Ripening of fruit.
f. Initiation of rooting is stem cuttings.
1. b, c and f
2. a, d and e
3. b, e and f
4. a, b and d
Winter varieties resume their Growth in
Winter varieties should be planted in
The spring varieties are normally planted in…...and come to flower and produce grain……
(1) Autumn season, after the end of growing season
(2) Spring season, at the end of growing season
(3) Spring season, before the end of growing season
(4) Autumn season, at the end of growing season