The growth of a root elongating at a constant rate will be represented by:
1. A only
2. B only
3. Both A and B
4. Neither A nor B
Fruit and leaf drop at early stages can be prevented by the application of
4. gibberellic acid
One of the synthetic auxin is
Which one of the following acids is a derivative of carotenoids?
1. Indole-butyric acid
2. Indole-3-acetic acid
3. Gibberellic acid
4. Abscisic acid
Vernalization is the process of
1. flower induction by high temperature treatment
2. inhabitation of flowering by low temperature treatment
3. flower induction by light treatment
4. acceleration of the ability of a plant to produce flowers by chilling treatment
Bud dormancy is induced by:-
4. gibberellic acid.
Refer the given figures on photoperiodism and select the correct option.
Abscisic acid is known as the stress hormone because it
(1) breaks seed dormancy
(2) induces flowering
(3) promotes leaf fall
(4) promotes closure of stomata
Identify the incorrect statement about ABA growth regulator.
(1) It increases the tolerance of plants against different stresses.
(2) It acts as general plant growth inhibitor and inhibitor of metabolism.
(3) It helps in seed maturation and dormancy.
(4) It promotes morphogenesis and differentiation of shoots.
In the process of apical dominance, lateral buds are unable to grow in the presence of apical bud. This is due to:-
(1) less amount of cytokinins in lateral buds
(2) more amount of cytokinins in lateral buds
(3) less amount of auxin in lateral buds
(4) more amount of auxin in lateral buds