At the root apex the cells of the meristematic region are not characterized by:-
1. Being rich in protoplasm
2. Abundant plasmodesmatal connections
3. A cell wall that is primary in nature
4. Having small inconspicuous nuclei
All the following plants are biennials except:-
The growth of a root elongating at a constant rate will be represented by:
1. A only
2. B only
3. Both A and B
4. Neither A nor B
Fruit and leaf drop at early stages can be prevented by the application of
4. gibberellic acid
One of the synthetic auxin is
Which one of the following acids is a derivative of carotenoids?
1. Indole-butyric acid
2. Indole-3-acetic acid
3. Gibberellic acid
4. Abscisic acid
Which of the following statements about plant hormones is false?
1. The growth of plants in nature is probably regulated by a combination of growth-stimulating and growth-inhibiting hormones.
2. Abscisic acid generally promotes growth.
3. Gibberellins stimulate cell enlargement.
4. Cytokinins promote cell division.
Which of the following is the site for perception of light/dark in plants?
1. Root apex
2. Shoot apex
In most situations, which of the following acts as an antagonist to GAs?
Cytokinin does not help in:
1. Lateral shoot growth
2. Overcoming apical dominance
3. Adventitious shoot formation
4. Promoting leaf senescence