Dr. F. Went noted that if coleoptile tips were removed and placed on agar for one hour, the agar would produce a bending when placed on one side of freshly - cut coleoptile stumps. Of what significance is this experiment?
1. It made possible the isolation and exact identification of auxin.
2. It is the basis for the quantitative determination of small amounts of growth-promoting substances.
3. It supports the hypothesis that IAA is auxin.
4. It demonstated polar movements of auxins.
A few normal seedling of tomato were kept in a dark room. After few days they were found to have become white- coloured like albions, Which of the following terms will you use to describe them ?
Which one of the following growth regulators is known as stress hormone ?
1. Abscissic acid
4. Indole acetic acid
During seed germination its stored food is mobilized by
Phototropic curvature is the result of uneven distribution of
Photoperiodism was first characterized in
Coiling of garden pea tendrils around any support is an example of
One of the synthetic auxin is
Which one of the following acids is a derivative of carotenoids?
1. Indole-butyric acid
2. Indole-3-acetic acid
3. Gibberellic acid
4. Abscisic acid`
1. vessels and tracheid differentiation
2. leaf abscission
3. annual plants
4. floral parts.