What is the site of perception of photoperiod necessary for induction of flowering in plants?
2. Lateral buds
4. Shoot apex
It takes very long time for pineapple plants to produce flowers. Which combination of hormones can be applied to artificially induce flowering in pineapple plants throughout the year to increase yield?
1. Cytokinin and Abscisic acid
2. Auxin and Ethylene
3. Gibberellin and Cytokinin
4. Gibberellin and Abscisic acid
Removal of shoot tips is a very useful technique to boost the production of tea- leaves. This is because
1. Gibberellins prevent bolting and are inactivated.
2. Auxins prevent leaf drop at early stages.
3. Effect of auxins is removed and growth of lateral buds is enhanced.
4. Gibberellins delay senescence of leaves.
In order to increase the yield of sugarcane crop, which of the following plant growth regulators should be sprayed ?
Which of the following is not an inhibitory substance governing seed dormancy?
1. Abscisic acid
2. Phenolic acid
3. Para-ascorbic acid
4. Gibberellic acid
Name the plant growth regulator which upon spraying on sugarcane crop, increases the length of stem, thus increasing the yield of sugarcane crop.
3. Abscisic acid
Who coined the term 'Kinetin'?
1. Skoog and Miller
Inhibitory substances in dormant seeds cannot be removed by subjecting seeds to:
1. Gibberellic acid
3. Ascorbic acid
4. Chilling conditions
Match the following concerning the activity/function and the phytohormone involved :-
(a) Fruit ripener (i) Abscisic acid
(b) Herbicide (ii) GA 3
(c) Bolting agent (iii) 2, 4-D
(d) Stress hormone (iv) Ethephon
Select the correct option from following :-
1. (a)-(ii), (b)-(iii), (c)-(iv), (d)-(i)
2. (a)-(iii), (b)-(iv), (c)-(ii), (d)-(i)
3. (a)-(iv), (b)-(iii), (c)-(ii), (d)-(i)
4. (a)-(iv), (b)-(ii), (c)-(i), (d)-(iii)
The plant hormone used to destroy weeds in a field is:
1. 2, 4-D