|Assertion (A):||Glycolysis occurs in cytoplasm.|
|Reason (R):||Enzymes of glycolysis are found in cytoplasm. It is common in aerobic/anaerobic respiration.|
|1.||Both (A) and (R) are true and (R) is the correct explanation of (A).|
|2.||Both (A) and (R) are true but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A).|
|3.||(A) is true but (R) is false.|
|4.||Both (A) and (R) are false.|
A : Yeast in involved in alcoholic fermentation.
R : Yeast poison themselves to death when concentration of alcohol reaches about 13%.
In the follewing questions, a statement of assertion (A) is followed by a statement of reason (R)
1. If both Assertion & reason are true and the reason in the correct explanation of the assertion, then mark (1).
2. If both Assertion & Reason are true but the reason is not the correct explanation of the assertion, then mark (2).
3. If Assertion is ture statement but Reason is false, then mark (3).
4. If both Assertion and reason are false statments, then mark (4).
In the figure given below the correct match is:
1. A-Ethanol, B-Lactic acid, C-Dihydroxyacetone phosphate
2. A-Lactic acid, B-Ethanol, C-Oxaloacetic acid
3. A-Lactic acid, B-Ethanol, C-3-Phosphoglyceric acid
4. A-Ethanol, B-Lactic acid, C-3-phosphoglyceric acid
Match the following and select the correct option from these given below:
|Column I||Column II|
|(a)||NADH dehydrogenase||(i)||Complex - V|
|(b)||Cytochrome complex||(ii)||Complex - lll|
|(c)||ATP synthetase||(iii)||Complex - lV|
|(d)||Cytochrome c oxidase||(iv)||Complex - l|
Match the following columns.
A. Molecular oxygen
B. Electron acceptor
C. Pyruvate dehydrogenase
1. - ketoglutaric acid (1)
2. Hydrogen acceptor(A)
3. Cytochrome-c (B)
4. Acetyl Co - A(C)
Consider the statements a, b, c and d with respect to fermentation by yeast and select the correct choice
a. Production of and ethanol
b. Complete oxidation of glucose
c. The reducing agent is NADH +
d. It is achieved under anaerobic condition
1. a & b are incorrect
2. b is incorrect
3. a & c is incorrect
4. all are incorrect
Consider the following statements about fermentation
a. Yeast produces and ethanol by incomplete oxidation of glucose.
b. Some bacteria produce lactic acid from pyruvic acid.
c. In both lactic acid and alcohol fermentation, a lot of energy is released.
d. H2O is not released.
The correct statements are
1. Only a & d
2. a, b & d
3. b & d
4. a, c & d
How many statements are correct with respect to ETS?
1. ETS is helpful in the restoration of NAD
2. is terminal e acceptor in electron transport system
3. Ubiquinone & FMN are hydrogen carriers and helpful in the movement of H from matrix to space.
4. Complex lV is also known as cytochrome C oxidase.
5. Movement of e in ETS is due to variable valency of metal ions present in carrier complexes.